Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pack your bags, we're gettin' out of here or Austin - Part One

I realized that most of my vacation days or days off from work have been spent in Austin, Texas...a place that I really have loved since first laying my beautiful brown eyes on it a few years ago. So in an attempt to keep that streak alive, the queen and I packed our best threads and headed down south for good ol' Texas weddin'.

K. Dubbs threatened me with some messed up stuff if I did not document this trip (she has never experienced the Austin), so it goes as follows:

Thursday

When planning my winter vacation, I decided to take Thursday off to relax and pack and run errands at my own pace instead of a rush around before our early morning flight on Friday. This was a good idea until about 8pm, when I realized that I really hadn't accomplished much and I was in fact, behind. I did manage to get out to Woodfield to pick up my new suit that was being tailored to my curvy body and say hello to my parents for a little bit.




Eventually, I began the packing process. This time was easy. Going to the Lonestar State, you must pack your cowboy shirts. Done.




Sarah was actually further behind than I, but her excuse was valid. She did not take the day off and sit in sweatpants for most of the day on the couch. Regardless, she was preparing for what would eventually become an "all-nighter" as she worked on the quilt that we were giving the happy couple as a wedding present.



Our kitchen table hasn't been a kitchen table for most of our time in this apartment...it is a sewing table. Nevertheless, the sewing table in use. It is late.



After I made a comment about putting things off until the last minute and informing her that I would be calling it a night... 4:30AM alarm would be blaring in a few short hours.



And this is where I would leave her until my alarm went off. She never went to sleep.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home