Thursday, October 26, 2006

America's Next Top Employment Scandal???

I was going to post about last night's episode of ANTM...but while searching online for junk about it, I found this:

Don't work it!

Apparently, the writers from ANTM are on strike. Who knew?

"We are on strike seeking a union contract to insure we get basic benefits like health insurance. One episode of America's Next Top Model brings in an estimated $2.4 million in ad revenue for the network. Yet the writers work without health insurance, a pension, or a fair wage."

Shame on Tyra Banks too...she isn't supporting the people who create what sells the show. I guess I never thought about writers being behind all of it, to be honest the 'dialogue' of the show isn't what draws me to it, but I guess someone has to compose the "TYRAAAA MAIIIIL!" Right? Instead of supporting her writers, Tyra chooses to roll around on the set of her talk show, having seizures and giving away jewel encrusted jars of Vaseline to every audience member, which she states on the show are each worth over $100!!! That money wouldn't be better put to use to cover the health benefits of those writers? If you'd like to have an aneurysm, you can see that here.

Dis-gust-ing.

Lols at Lisa being on the picket lines for the writers though. At least she isn't bitter about being portrayed as the "old drunk" who was shown voluntarily peeing herself in a diaper in front of the Jackass jackasses on her cycle of the show. Hell no, she's capitalizing on that shit...selling t-shirts of her bikini clad silhouette guzzling a bottle of wine. Oh Lisa. I'm in the wrong industry....

Anyways...I hope those writers get their benefits. Will I stop watching ANTM, no...at least not for this cycle. I love Caridee. She overcame psoriasis for God's sakes.

Back to work. Wahhh Wahhh.

K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home