Tuesday, October 17, 2006

This ain't in-school suspension, it's suspension suspension.

Stop me if you've heard the one about the guys returning to the radio show they used to do in college for a reunion/anniversary show, and getting the current hosts suspended from the air for the following week...

Yeah. I wish I was making that up.

Apparently, when a show is being monitored hardcore ...they have a problem with the old hosts making fun of a crippled kid who used to work there on the air. Now, there were a few other factors that made that suspension possible (other incidents, Amber Paine dropping an F-bizzle on the air, etc), but when it came to the final judgment...we tipped the scale on that. The current hosts later went on to return to the air for a couple weeks and then were suspended until the end of November for another incident (not related to us). I found all of this out late on Sunday night, and normally, I wouldn't care. Not my problem, right? Wrong.

I have a serious problem with disappointing people that I respect...bosses, parents, family members, heroes, teachers, etc. Not serious problem as in I do it often, because well, that would make it a lot easier to take, but a serious problem in that it debilitates me. It consumes me with shame and I cannot function normally until it is mended. So, while hearing about all this suspension drama, I found out about the suspension we were responsible for and that J.Madormo was extremely upset with us. That's where it all become my problem. I have the utmost respect for this man and disappointing him was like disappointing a parent. He chose not to confront us about it to save a rift between us, but I could not sleep a wink knowing there was any ill will towards me and my pals after having such great experiences at that radio station. Hell, it got me the job I have today and the million memories I still retain.

So first thing Monday morning, I wrote John a lengthy email to clear my name and I would be more than happy to share it with you if you wish. It was a damn good email and it made things right between us and all is well again. If anything, it probably made our relationship with him, that much stronger. I felt like a turd for emailing, but there is just no way I could have ever faced a phonecall of that caliber.

Lesson learned: don't make fun a club-footed kid on the radio, even if he is a dick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home